This is a map of Asia. North Americans, you may notice this map is not solely comprised of Japan, Korea, China and Thailand. People in the UK, you may notice India is not a continent. That is, if those of you who generalize entire continents can even pinpoint India on a map.
Indians are Asian, gasp! And not all brown skinned people are Indian, also, gasp! There are an alarming amount of people, of all ages, from all backgrounds, who seem to be unable to process this.
I’m ethnically Asian. Since Asia is an extremely large continent, I could be from any number of countries. I am neither from India, China, Korea, Japan or Pakistan, yet not so surprisingly, I am still Asian.
Yes, there are commonalities across regions, through the conflation of cultures, colonialism, globalization, transnationalism and movement of diasporas. Sometimes these are all the same thing. Rickshaws, rice and curry can be found across the continent.
But let’s not overgeneralize. You can also find Buddhists, Catholics, Muslims and Hindus across Asia. Cantonese Speaking Chinese Muslims! English Speaking Indian Jews!
No, we are not all the same. Orientalism? (Please look up Edward Said for basic concepts) No thank you.
So let’s not use umbrella terms, regarding Asians as a monolith while simultaneously denying the regional identity of millions of people- and how about we also not engage in xenophobia?
Are you someone that thinks this way? Shame on you! You should perhaps invest in buying a map, and take a look at what countries are you know, where.
Geography, people. It’s important.
For anyone out there who might not be able to see this image, it is a coloured map showing Northern Asia, Central Asia, Western Asia, Eastern Asia, Southern Asia, and South-Eastern Asia.
Central Asia consists of Afghanistan (debated), Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan.
Eastern Asia consists of China, Hong Kong, Japan, Macau, Mongolia, North Korea, South Korea, and Taiwan.
Northern Asia consists of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, and Russia.
South Asia consists of Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka.
South-Eastern Asia consists on Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Brunei, Cambodia, Christmas Island, Cocos Islands, East Timor, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar (Burma), Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam.
Western Asia consists of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt (debated), Georgia, Iran (debated), Iraq, Israel, Joran, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, and Yemen.
beautiful ginny things from ootp
- ginny and sirius are related
- ginny’s hair confirmed for tomato red
- ginny tossing dungbombs at the kitchen door
- like wow what a cutie
- ginny turning out to be a really smooth liar
- tonks changing her features for ginny’s enjoyment
- ginny making angry cat noises at percy dissing arthur
- speaking of felines crookshanks and ginny are pretty tight
- 'Fine!' shouted Mrs Weasley. 'Fine! Ginny - BED!'Ginny did not go quietly. They could hear her raging and storming at her mother all the way up the stairs, and when she reached the hall Mrs Blacks ear-splitting shrieks were added to the din. Lupin hurried off to the portrait to restore calm.
- ugh sweetheart ♥
- ginny angrily telling kreacher not to call hermione a mudblood
- ginny being the only one to have the sense to shut the musical box which was making everyone weak and sleepy
- ginny and the twins doing a war dance and chanting
- tonks admitting she wasnt made prefect bc she couldnt behave herself at hogwarts and ginny laughing bc they are the same
- ginny hugging tonks goodbye at king’s cross ✿✿
- literally all of ginny’s dialogue with luna is sweet and friendly
- 'Don't be silly,' said Ginny, laughing, 'she's all right.'
- ‘Hi, Luna.’ said Ginny, ‘is it OK if we take these seats?’
- Thanks,’ said Ginny, smiling at her.
- ‘Had a good summer, Luna?’ Ginny asked.
- Ginny suppressed a giggle.
- happy spirited joyful ginny mon coeur ❤❤❤
- and lets not forget:
- ‘I’m nobody,’ said Neville hurriedly.‘No you’re not,’ said Ginny sharply.
- *`•.¸(¯`•HEARTS FOR EYES•´¯)¸.•´
- ginny being concerned about hagrid and rushing to his defense
- The moment they reached Gryffindor’s, Ginny was hailed by some fellow fourth-years and left to sit with them.
- friendly reminder that our girl ginny was v popular and independent and had her own life outside of the trio tyvm
everything is ginny and nothing hurts
Everything about this is beautiful!!
A Breath of Snow and Ashes
Jamie Fraser, A Breath of Snow and Ashes, Diana Gabaldon
Jamie Fraser, A Breath of Snow and Ashes, Diana Gabaldon
"Your auntie’s right, Ian; ye’ve been attacked by a tree."
Ian opened one eye a slit.
"Has anyone ever told ye what a comical fellow ye are, Uncle Jamie?"
Ian closed the eye.
"That’s as well, because ye’re not."
A Breath of Snow and Ashes by Diana Gabaldon
"Have you kilt anybody?" the boy inquired with interest, looking at William’s dress sword.
"No, not yet," William replied, smiling.
"My grandsire’s kilt two dozen men!"
"Jemmy!" Both parents spoke at once, and the little boy’s shoulders went up around his ears.
"Well, he has!”
"I’m sure he is a bold and bloody man, your grandsire," William assured the little boy gravely. "The King always has need of such men."
"My grandda says the King can kiss his arse," the boy replied matter-of-factly.
Mr. MacKenzie clapped a hand over his outspoken offspring’s mouth.
"You know your grandda didn’t say that!” Mrs. MacKenzie said. The little boy nodded agreeably, and his father removed the muffling hand.
"No. Grannie did, though."
An Echo in the Bone by Diana Gabaldon
Jamie Fraser, Drums of Autumn
Roger to Brianna, Drums of Autumn
'Drums of Autumn' by Diana Gabaldon
Young Ian, Drums of Autumn (Diana Gabaldon)
"Nothing is lost, Sassenach; only changed."
"That’s the first law of thermodynamics," I said, wiping my nose.
"No," he said. "That’s faith."
Dianna Gabaldon (Voyager)